Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a Girl!

I could only rejoice in this wonderful news!!
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept on wandering if I ever have a daughter..

If I ever have a daughter
My favorite thing would be to watch her while she is sleeping
To see her little arms and legs sprawled out carelessly over the bed,
after a hard day of learning and play
I'd surely become moved by the tranquility and profoundness of it all
And every time I would look upon her face I'd see that of an angel
An angel that would write on the walls with my lipstick . . .
Play dress up in my finest abaya . . .
Stand before me as I pray
And make (even) longer sujoods, in her little namaz cloak
Roll around in the dirt and grass until her clothes finally become one big stain
Spill every sticky liquid substance she gets into her hands onto my freshly cleaned floors
And make it all right by saying "Mommy, I love you"
I'd see the angel that would greet me at the front door
Hands and clothes smeared with dirt,
holding a bunch of weeds (she'd call them flowers)
And say "Mommy, I've got a present for you"
I'd take those weeds and display them as a centerpiece for as long as they'd last
Because to me, they'd be more beautiful than the most expensive floral arrangement
And even longer, as I’d turn them into pressed flowers and hang them on the dining wall
I'd see the angel that could take construction paper, crayons, scissors, and paste
And make the most beautiful artwork known to man (or at least to me)
I’d let her paint little handprints on the white kitchen tiles
She’ll will draw a b c’s, birds and clouds and butterflies
And she'd smile and be so proud
just as if her work had been commissioned by a famous art museum
when I'd place it on the very front of the refrigerator door
And I'd be saddened with the knowledge
that someday she'd grow up and away from all these things
But I'd handle it with patience and understanding,
just as my mother did
And someday my angel would have to leave me
To go to school, to go to college,
And to start a family. . .
Or just to go see what's really "out there"
And with much reservation, and even more pride,
I'd let her go. . . with her wings spread all wide
Just as my mother let me go
And I'd always cherish the memories of when she was sleeping
Because those would be the only times she was completely mine
And the serenity she radiated during those moments
Would inspire me throughout my entire lifetime

If I Ever Have A Daughter
One day, Bi'ithnillah. . .

3 comments:

Ohimesama said...

u always have ways with words:)
anyway ms pathfinder,i find it really beautiful~and just want u to know that i FOUND what i was looking for~~~~^_^.I am happy nowwwwww~

jya dear friend,
i wish u will do if i have a son ;)

el kawther said...

Thank you dear for gracing this humble home with your gentle eloquence and in this moment, my heart is so full of the goodness and the blessings of this life.

Wait! Is there something you're not telling me??

And because I am BELIEVING in all that might be! Somedays, the pieces of the puzzles seems to fit, just so you know I AM HAPPY for you habibty!! (tell me..tell me)

Aha, a son InshaAllah too. Hmm, I think I would like mr.pathfinder to write on that one :)

HubbHuna said...

oh what a soooo very motherly u, kochal~
i bet u'll surely be the one..
and i hope me too, someday
enshaAllah:D

btw, u remind me of my shweet childhood with my ibu..
cant beat ur words, kochal!