
Jummah, such a Mubarak day for begging! The day when our begging through Du'a is accepted.
Our Beloved Mustafa SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, the best of mankind, the best of beggars, his pleading in Du'a reflected a total reliance and submission to Allah Ta'ala, the Giver, the Listener, the Bounteous, the Conferer, the Sustainer, the Bestower, the Just, the Kind, the Magnificent.
"O Allah! You hear me and see me and know everything that I reveal or conceal.
None of my affairs is hidden from You.
I am a person in distress, a needy person, a beggar, a fearful person.I confess my short comings.
I entreat You like a humble needy person.
I beseech You like a sinful lowly person.
I ask You like a person in tribulation whose neck bows before You; who cries in front of You; whose whole body trembles before You.
O Allah ! Do not leave me frustrated in my prayer , and be the Most Merciful and the Most Gracious to me.
O the best of those who are beseeched! O the best of those who give!"
Such moving, sublime words from our Noble Nabi SallAllahu alaihi wasSallam on the Plains of Arafat.
May we too turn to Allah Ta'ala in such humility, as needy beggars, relying only on His Mercy.
May our begging be as our Beloved Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasSallam begged:
"I am a person in distress,
a needy person,
a beggar,
a fearful person.
I confess my short comings."
2 comments:
and im a person of begging,
im ashamed. but still begging.
God who is the all-forgivers.
and keeps on giving.
On this earth..
we are all beggers,
and we beggers are not choosers!
a lill' reminder for myself and I
Post a Comment